Important Information for our patients
We are open by appointment - please contact us to arrange one.
As a result of the Coronavirus outbreak in the United Kingdom, we have procedures in place to keep our patients safe within the practice. These are as follows:
1. The practice will be open strictly by appointment and there will never be more than 3 persons plus the clinician at a time within the practice (ie 4 people in total including support staff, clinician and the patient plus one additional person such as a parent / guardian, if required).
To help us with this, we ask that you attend your appointment on your own wherever possible. In the case of children's appointments we ask that one parent or guardian only attends the appointment.
2. When a patient makes an appointment, the history and symptoms component of the eye examination will be carried out over telephone or video conferencing thereby reducing face to face consultation time.
3. We ask that patients attend the practice wearing a face mask. If the patient does not have a mask we can provide one for a small fee. (Type IIR clinical masks are advised where possible and this is the type that we will normally supply you with).
4. Patients are asked to use hand sanitiser as they enter the practice.
5. Our clinicians will be wearing appropriate PPE which may include apron, mask, gloves and visor.
6. Between patient consultations, the practice and surfaces will be cleaned thoroughly (which may take some time).
We hope the above points are clear. We look forward to seeing patients during this time. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.